SUicide PREvention ModEl and its Application In the Municipalities of Lithuania - SUPREME AIM
Type of project
Address community needs and produce sustainable, measurable outcomes
|Georg B Jenssen||Gjøvik||2305||District||International|
|Kestutis Jacunskas||Anykščiai||1462||Secondary Contact|
|Linas Dubickas||Vilkaviškis||1462||Secondary Contact|
|Knut Kvalvågnæs||Fraena||2305||Secondary Contact International|
|Bodil Hagen Sægrov||Gjøvik||2305||Secondary Contact International|
What are the main objectives of the project, and who will benefit from it?
To create the background for sustainable and systematic suicide prevention by:
1. Developing the local community-based suicide prevention model derived from the algorithm of communication and cooperation among the local institutions at the front line of suicide acts, attempts and intentions with the help of the experts from academic institutions;
2. Implementing the model in selected 11 Municipalities by series of structured training addressed to the front line institutions (police, healthcare, education, social care, fire brigade, emergency, Municipality administration) as well as local communities and NGOs enabling them to act in an effective and coordinated way in suicide related emergency situations and have effective prevention tool. The Municipalities were selected based on statistical data from 2011-2016 years and the initiative of local administrations and Rotary clubs;
3. Supervisions for persons involved in trainings and implementation of suicide prevention model in the Municipality;
4. In cooperation with administrations of selected Municipalities enhancing accessibility of psychological help and elaboration of the model;
5. Monitoring and evaluation of the project implementation.
Inhabitants (total lives 353.110) in 99 elderships will benefit when functioning suicide prevention system and accessibility to psychological help will be implemented in territory of 11 Municipalities of Lithuania.
The start of the project
Suicide prevention – the concern of Lithuanian Rotary clubs
Past District Governor for District 1462, the Suicide prevention inspirer and coordinator Vygintas Grinis tells how this initiative started and introduces its perspectives.
The District’s project “Preparation of the Suicide prevention model and its application in the municipalities of Lithuania” would be a 4-5 year project aiming at tangibly decreasing the number of suicides for a 1000 inhabitants (currently over 30) in Lithuania, especially in critical municipalities.
Resolution to solve the problem of suicides
At the conference of Rotary International District 1462 that took place October 23-24, 2015 the resolution was adopted unanimously “For the more active and varied action solving the problem of suicide Lithuania”.
The resolution was sent to all most important governmental institutions of Lithuania.
Progress report of GG1743565 submitted
Implementation of the Project during 12 months
The objectives of this Pogress report is to describe the implementation of the project during 12 months: about activities, beneficiaries, participation of sponsors of the project, about cooperating organisations participation and project expenditures.
Please, find Progress report attached: