Minutes of SUPREME AIM project Committee skype meeting.
Data: 22 SEP 2020 (8 p.m. LT time, 7 p.m. NO time).
Participated: Vygintas Grinis (Kaunas RC), Georg B. Jenssen (Gjovik RC), Bodil Hagen Saegrov (Gjovik RC), psychologist Dr. Said Dadašev, psychologist Kristina Mozūraitytė.
- Status on project. What is completed and what is still to do?
- Budget status.
- Progress on psychological support/capacity in Municipalities. Where suicide prevention models with its algorithms approved?
- Status on suicide rate results in 11 Municipalities, who participates in the project. Updates.
- Is an evaluation of the project planned at the end of the project?
- Haw to proceed with the project activities in Covid-19 situation around Lithuania?
- Vygintas viewed all activities going through budget lines. Already completed activities: Development of suicide prevention model in the Municipalities; 3.Training of members (“goal keepers”) of selected target groups in Municipalities; 7.Volunteer visit to help implement the project; 8.Health focused event; 9.Creating of project website. Ongoing activities: 1.Monitoring and evaluation of the project; 4.Supervisions for professionals involved in suicide prevention model of municipality; 5.Travel and accommodations of suppliers; 6.Enhancing accessibility of personal psychological help in Municipalities, where suicide prevention algorithm was implemented by themselves; 10.Project and Website content management.
- There still round 5000€ on the account of the project. Small amounts remains in lines: Development of suicide prevention model in the Municipalities; 3.Training of members (“goal keepers”) of selected target groups in Municipalities. Most probably will be savings in 5.Travel and accommodations of suppliers. Therefore proposal is to shift savings from mentioned lines to the activity 6.Enhancing accessibility of personal psychological help in Municipalities, involve psychologist in Vilkaviškis district, where situation of last few years is worse and local hospital and municipality are not able to afford this service accordingly.
- Suicide prevention models with its algorithms approved in Pasvalys, Anykščiai, Akmenė, Marijampolė (for youth), Vilkaviškis, Panevežys, Kupiskis, Ukmerge districts. Still pending in Silute, Taurage (hope will be), Druskininkai. Psychologist Said is doing all his best to complete this activity since 2020 Christmas and remains to be optimist.
- Statistical dates are available from 2019. We collected data during period 2011-2019 and will continue to do after end of the project.
Number of deaths and mortality from suicides (X60-X84) by municipalities 2011–2019
|Municipalities||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019||Average||Aver. 5 last years|
5. Kristina reported: This second part of project evaluation is focused on revealing project impact in longer period in local communities regarding introducing and establishing suicide prevention. The second part is designed to be a qualitative research by collecting in person or online interviews with representatives from project municipalities. Unfortunately, due to the unforeseen national quarantine in spring and the global pandemic the interview collection process took longer than expected, thus prolonging the data analyses part. We expect that the final report will be ready in October. The report will include information how project activities have affected local communities, feedback on the training sessions, recommendations what could be improved for future projects.
6. Vygintas presented feedback from TRF adviser Mr. Marty Daiga, who responded with following typing: “There is no final date to make payments for the project. We look at the dates provided in the application as estimates, not deadlines, and understand that things will change. The only requirement is to provide reporting, and you can continue with the progress reports until the project is completed. The next due date for the report is 6 November. “
Therefore, Vygintas proposed to present annual report to TRF and continue with the activities until there is amount in the account of the budget. Georg proposed to concentrate on the two activities: supervisions and evaluation and to finish project until end of 2020. Vygintas agree with this.
Vygintas shared information about presentation “SUPREME AIM Suicide prevention model” in the sixth plenary session “Doing good in the world” he did on 12 SEP 2020 during Rotary Zones 17&18 Institute 2020, held in Oulu (Finland).